Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Corks of Our Lives: The Lost Duck Saga



Ok, I haven't been on twitter or blogger for two days but I have been working heaps on my stop-mo. It is about four minutes long now, but I still need to shoot a bit more to fill in the gaps in the story. I'm really pleased with it, and have had good feedback so far =)
I'm able to move fairly quickly because corks don't have facial expressions or arm/leg movement so all their animation is in their possitioning. It's better than you might imagin. Zoe and Erik stayed last night and they composed some 'music' for the project. Bass and spoons, suprisingly it fits really well with the footage. It has been good to work with others recording the sound. Still a bit to do today with voices and a battle scene. I spent hours on the internet on monday searching for good free/royalty free music and sound effect sites. I'm pretty sure the one I used previosly was FreeSound, however this site seems to no longer exist...very disapointing. Anyway, the result of my hours of searching was two tracks of averagly fitting duck noises...I hope to have it all pretty much finished by monday...unforunantly it is more fun than other homework...I must leave some time for that too!! well, I must be off, I need to find some angry-mob sounds....untill next time.