Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Since Easter...

This is my first post since before the Easter holidays. I filmed my grandparents as planned, and downloaded the slaughter footage I needed. Only minor problem being unzipping the files, which Daniel helped me with (downloaded version of WinRar). I also found that although I had deleted all my slaughter footage from last year, it was still stored in the un-exported version of another project...interesting. My laptop's main internal hard drive is full, that is causing problems. It's a split hard drive or something and the second one is almost empty...I just need to work out how make it take the new information; rather than the main one processing it all by default. I shall ask Kodie about that, he will know!
My horror/chick flick, now indefinitely titled Clueless, is coming together well. I'm exploring the different effects which is really good because I had never used overlaying or anything. Also have an awesome bit where wine turns to blood (using inverted colour replacement mask) Also altering the contrast and tones to get the look I want. Slightly disappointed that I filmed so erratically my 'chick flick' footage. Because, although it is married with genre appropriate music and soft colour tones, the look of the editing is still not entirely as cliche' as I would have liked. But it is alright; very arty, which is the point. It doesn't have any dialogue, but is carried by the visuals and music. It has some moments that I am very pleased with, 'am enjoying the euphoria that can only be achieved by successful editing!

Attended Roger's presentation yesterday; I found this one fairly enlightening =) I will look through it again on Moodle just to clarify.
I think that's about it for now...
Until next time!

1 comment:

Roger Stack said...

Do you have any story boards for Clueless? If so can we scan some in and link to your journal?